WHAT IS BRAVELY?
Bravely (formerly Matrix) offers many services such as free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, post abortion support, pregnancy options education, well women exams, clothing room, safe sleep program, and support for families. They offers many ways in which you can volunteer.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can sign up to be:
- Every Mothers Advocate Mentor (this position works alongside mothers who may be at risk of family seperation. As an EMA mentor, volunteers will work to help clients reach specific goals to help clients and their families thrive. training provided)
- Pregnancy test and options counselor (training provided, no credentials necessary)
- Clothing room client care (training provided, no credentials necessary)
- Medical Professionals (LPN, RN, NP, PA, MD, RDMS)
- Instructors for Evidence Based Sexual Risk Avoidance Education in High Schools (training provided, no credentials necessary)
- Front Desk/Reception Support (works with receptionists to check clients in, answer phone calls, filing, and other office related tasks- training provided)
- Clothing Room Client Advocate (walk clients through our clothing room, assess client's needs, and make appropriate referrals- training provided)
- Ministry Team (Prays for clients and staff throughout their shift. Refers clients to Christian Resources and Support Groups, helps facilitate bible studies at our center for clients to participate in)
- Client Advocate Phone Support (schedules clients for pregnancy testing and options counseling, provides clients with options counseling over the phone if necessary- training provided)
- Sidewalk Advocate- (lovingly and peacefully engages with clients entering planned parenthood and refers them to Bravely Womens Health Center for the support they need- training provided
WHAT ARE THE STEPS FOR THIS PROCESS?
To learn more about Bravely's mission and the volunteer opportunities available, please email Michelle McGhee at [email protected]alth.org and let them know that you are requesting that information.
Want to talk to someone at Calvary who is serving at Bravely? Contact Amy Anthony at [email protected].