THE LIGHT TURNS ORANGE ON JUNE 1
Every day we have new information so we will do our best to keep these plans flexible while still keeping our church family up to date. If you have specific questions, you can reach out to any of our staff.
We want you to know we are taking these decisions seriously and prayerfully.
There are two priorities that are guiding our process:
- The safety of our people and community.
- The need to gather.
Right now, these two priorities are in tension with each other. As we make plans to gather again, we will take precautions to ease the tension between safety and being together. When we can begin to safely gather, we will.
WHAT ARE SOME OF OUR GUIDING PRINCIPALS?
- There are six pandemic agencies that we have identified as the sources for the guidelines that we will take into consideration; the CDC, WHO, the White House, the Indiana Governor, Tippecanoe County, and John Hopkins Hospital. Whenever the vast majority of the agencies are in agreement, we will adhere to the recommendations.
- We will not rush back to gather before we have time to carefully plan and prepare.
- When we do gather again, we will have safety measures in place to reduce the risk.
- We have developed a Red, Orange, Yellow, & Green light system to help explain risk levels of gatherings to our church family. (see below)
- We will try to maintain as normal of a feel as possible without jeopardizing the health of our people or community.
- We will clearly communicate our plans and safety measures to help you feel confident in our ability to assemble as a church body.
- We will continue with our online services and resources for those who are not able to come back right away.
WHEN WILL CALVARY START TO MEET AGAIN?
We are on a RED LIGHT until the end of May. Unless something changes, we will switch to an ORANGE light* on June 1st and our first Sunday for in-person worship will be June 7th. During the orange light, we will encourage three options for worship:
- In Person Worship
- House Church Worship
- Live Stream Worship
WHAT STEPS IS CALVARY TAKING TO BE READY FOR AN ORANGE LIGHT?
- We have ordered hand washing stations and hand sanitizer stations for the entrance of the building to be used as needed.
- We are arranging seating in the auditorium to allow 6 feet between chairs (families or those already sharing housing may sit together).
- We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting all areas of the church.
- We have installed hands-free door pulls on the bathroom doors so that you don't need to touch handles.
We have touch free thermometers that will be available upon request if you think you might be running a fever.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD WE TAKE IF WE COME TO THE BUILDING?
We are encouraging everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others:
- Stay home if you or someone in your family is sick or if you have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19.
- Wear a mask - we will have some available if you don't have your own.
- Use the hand sanitizing stations as you enter the building.
- Honor social distancing.
- Let us know if you develop symptoms after you have been in the building.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Would you pray for wisdom for our leaders and for our staff?
- Would you continue to support your church in every way possible?
- Would you choose grace and compromise when you disagree with the decisions being made, knowing that we are doing our best to make wise choices for Calvary?
- Would you trust that God is going to allow us to come through this even stronger as a church on the other side?