WE ARE CURRENTLY ON A YELLOW LIGHT
Every day we have new information so we will do our best to keep these plans flexible while still keeping our church family up to date. If you have specific questions, you can reach out to any of our staff.
We want you to know we are taking these decisions seriously and prayerfully.
There are two priorities that are guiding our process:
- The safety of our people and community.
- The need to gather.
Right now, these two priorities are in tension with each other. As we make plans to gather again, we will take precautions to ease the tension between safety and being together. When we can begin to safely gather, we will.
WHAT ARE SOME OF OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES?
- There are six pandemic agencies that we have identified as the sources for the guidelines that we will take into consideration; the CDC, WHO, the White House, the Indiana Governor, Tippecanoe County, and John Hopkins Hospital. Whenever the vast majority of the agencies are in agreement, we will adhere to the recommendations.
- We will balance the need to gather with the need to protect our community and honor our healthcare workers.
- Our in-person gatherings will have safety measures in place to reduce the risk.
- We have developed a Red, Orange, Yellow, & Green light system to help explain risk levels of gatherings to our church family. (see below)
- We will try to maintain as normal of a feel as possible without jeopardizing the health of our people or community.
- We will clearly communicate our plans and safety measures to help you feel confident in our ability to assemble as a church body.
- We will continue with our online services and resources for those who are not able to come back right away.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE WE TAKING IN THE BUILDING?
We are encouraging everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others:
- Stay home if you or someone in your family is sick or if you have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19.
- Masks are required- we will have some available if you don't have your own. Kids 6 and under do not have to wear a mask when seated in the main room. They should wear a mask when walking from place to place.
- Use the hand sanitizing stations as you enter the building.
- Honor social distancing.
- Let us know if you develop symptoms after you have been in the building.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Would you pray for wisdom for our leaders and for our staff?
- Would you continue to support your church in every way possible?
- Would you choose grace and compromise when you disagree with the decisions being made, knowing that we are doing our best to make wise choices for Calvary?
- Would you trust that God is going to allow us to come through this even stronger as a church on the other side?